Simon tagged me in a Facebook meme (by the way, I now have a Facebook username). I don’t generally participate in these things, and I’m not going to tag anyone else, but I found it sort of intriguing… so here are my results.
The idea is that you shuffle up your iPod and write down the first 15 songs that come up (no cheating, skipping, picking out songs that make you look good!).
Well I actually only have a tiny subsection of my iTunes library on my iPhone – of ~11000 tracks so far ripped, I’ve got 1449 on the iPhone at the moment, which I think is only about 5.5Gb of the 8Gb capacity, the rest taken up by photos, apps and video podcasts.
Here’s how it came out – without any cheating.
- The Butterfly Collector, Noel Gallagher and Paul Weller
- Loneliness, The Feeling
- A Life Less Ordinary, Ash
- The Ghost of an Unkissed Kiss, Trembling Blue Stars
- Not a Love Song, Uh Huh Her
- People Move On, Bernard Butler
- Swara Suling, The Schubert Club Gamelan Ensemble
- The Sad Day, Jody Talbot
- Once Around The Block, Badly Drawn Boy
- Deep Water, Jewel
- No More I Love Yous, Annie Lennox
- Be OK, Ingrid Michaelson
- Kung Fu, Ash
- Dreamer, Uh Huh Her
- This Corrosion, The Sisters of Mercy
Oh, and on a vaguely related note – anyone else massively underwhelmed by “shake to shuffle” on iPhone/iPod OS 3.0? It only appears to actually work if you have a playlist underway, or, say, shuffle all the tracks on the phone, in which case it’s the equivalent to hitting next anyway… what’s the point?
No tagging from me, but I’m assuming Simon will see this so he’ll know I lived up to my part in his meme. Looking down his news feed, I see a 25 albums meme in there too. I abstain 🙂